- 1 What can you put on shelves?
- 2 Where can we put shelves?
- 3 How do you install shelves?
- 4 What are the best floating shelves?
- 5 Best Floating Shelves [Product Reviews]
- 5.1 1. Cubic floating shelves
- 5.2 2. Vintage wall shelves with 5 hooks
- 5.3 3. White floating shelves
- 5.4 4. Rounded floating shelf
- 5.5 5. Wooden floating shelves
- 5.6 6. Floating shelves for the bedroom
- 5.7 7. Floating shelves for your living room
- 5.8 8. Floating bamboo shelves
- 5.9 9. Floating shelves in wood and metal
- 5.10 10. Heart floating shelves
- 6 Things to consider while buying
- 7 Tools you should use
- 8 Last Recommendations
- 9 Let’s wrap it up!
When bookcases and shelving are not an option for reasons of space or budget, shelves come to our rescue by giving us a place to store everyday objects, souvenirs, or other decorative elements that will serve to give character to the room.
Not only do shelves take up little space, but they fill the walls and not the floor, maximizing the functionality of the room.
Versatile, within reach of every pocket, we can use them in any room with excellent results, from the kitchen to the sleeping area, even in the bathroom – an environment that is difficult to furnish due to humidity.
But with so many options to choose from and styles to decide on, buying a floating shelf can put our patience to the test. In this article, we will investigate the most important points that we will have to evaluate to find the best wall shelves on the market and buy the perfect one for our home environment.
What can you put on shelves?
The must have items for a perfect shelf styling are:
- stop books
- prints, photos and paintings
- glass or crystal elements
- decorative objects
Where can we put shelves?
- We all spend a lot of time in the living room, where different activities are carried out, so an element that does not take up space but offers a support surface for all the objects you need is useful.
- Without a doubt, shelves perform their function perfectly in the kitchen, as it is a room full of objects to be arranged and stored continuously: the shelves will be your allies to keep the room always in order.
- In the bathroom, as in the kitchen, there is never enough space for storing objects, and a series of shelves are ideal for solving the problem.
- Both in bedrooms and in children rooms, shelves are the ideal solution, they are almost mandatory. As for the use you can make of them, you have plenty of choice: books, bed linen, lamps.
How do you install shelves?
- Evaluate whether plumbing pipes or electrical cables run through the wall
- Mark the holes on the wall
- Mark holes on the wall
- Insert the retractable shelf holder in the wall and insert the shelf
- Insert the shelf holders into the holes with a hammer, screw them with a wrench until the dowel expands inside the wall and rigidly blocks the shelf holder.
- Once all the elements have been screwed in, insert the shelf.
What are the best floating shelves?
Practical, decorative, and versatile: floating shelves can really solve the problem of where to store small and large objects that we do not want to hide inside the furniture.
Whether it’s books, LPs, or precious collections, exhibiting and storing what we care about has never been easier. For generations, shelves have fulfilled this role, and over the years, they have never been abandoned: indeed, they have evolved to become the real furnishing elements of a bare wall.
In this section, we have chosen some of the best-selling floating shelves online and reviewed them to find out more about the aspects that made them so popular and help you find the right model for your needs!
Following, you’ll see the best floating shelves on the market.