- 1 Actual wall mural trends of modern design
- 2 Wall mural location on the wall
- 3 Current topics of photo wallpaper
- 4 Photowall-paper in an interior of a drawing room / hall
- 5 Wall mural in bedroom interior
- 6 Photowall-paper in a nursery interior
- 7 Lifehacks for choosing photo wallpaper
- 8 Mistakes made when using photo wallpaper in the interior
Do you dream of changing the interior design without a fundamental reorganization of the room? Start with its walls! With the help of modern wallpapers with various prints, digital printing and murals, you can change the room decor without spending money on capital transformations. Photowall-paper trends in a modern interior is one of the best means for achievement of the most effective type of a room. In this article we will talk about current trends among these materials, their diversity and the secrets of choice for a particular room.
Wall mural can not be called a new word in interior design, because they were popular 40 years ago. However, due to poor quality and limited selection of images, they soon became unclaimed. In the 21st century, this finishing material again returns to the fashionable Olympus. The use of high-quality materials, the variety of prints and the quality of their execution make it possible to fabulously transform any room, bringing individual features to the appearance of the home. Today, the current trends in interior design involve the use of the following types of photo wallpaper:
Paper- imply applying a picture on a paper base. Of course, such material has the shortest “century of life”, but for many buyers it is justified by the relatively low price. On average, a square meter of such coverage costs about 600 rubles;
Vinyl-based wall murals are more durable than paper ones, they are easier to glue and easier to clean with a moistened sponge. However, such material costs more – from 800 rubles. per square meter;
Wallpapers on non-woven backing can boast of environmental cleanliness, because the material is used even in bedrooms and detskih.Kachestvo wallpapers on non-woven backing is sufficiently high, and the price corresponds to it;
Seamless photo wallpaper is a premium material, because it does not contain vinyl, causing some doubts about environmental friendliness. They look expensive and stick together simply, without visible joints, but they cost a lot;
Laminated – just glued and washable, they are not afraid of sunshine and look great the entire operational period. The price per square meter of such coverage starts from 900 rubles. and outwardly it resembles photographs – maybe with a matte or glossy surface;
Self-adhesive murals, also with a glossy or matte finish, are placed on the surface without the use of adhesive. Basically, with their help, glasses, mirrors and kitchen aprons are made out;
Wall murals on canvas are the most expensive options, the production of which uses linen, viscose and silk. The implementation of such material to order for 1 “square” of the surface can cost 5000 rubles.
Previously, only one wall in the room was pasted with photo wallpaper, emphasizing attention and echoes with steel room decoration, but modern interior trends make it possible to glue photo wallpaper in a different way.
- The location on a half-wall, or part of it – a similar technique allows you to zone the room, for example, the separation of the studio apartment into the kitchen and living room. Also, the image can be used to highlight a separate area – for example, a fireplace or bedroom;
- Placed in a niche – the niche pasted with photo wallpaper looks elegant, and a bright print does not encroach on the spaciousness of the room;
- Pasting two walls – when butt gluing surfaces, the angle is visually “erased” and the illusion of being outside the house boundaries appears;
- Ceiling placement – most often in this case wall murals with the image of the sky are used. At the request of the owner of the house, it can be either stars flickering on a night background, or clouds running through the blue expanse;
- Placing on four walls in a room is a rather bold move, which can be successful under certain conditions. Without applying volumetric images and bright colors, you can achieve the effect of being in a flowering garden without leaving your home;
- Location on a cupboard or doors – individualizes the interior decoration of the room and helps to bring a “twist” to it;
The conclusion to the framework – looking like works of art in a home interior, such photo wallpaper can be a panel or small modular paintings, lining up in a single image.
As for the most relevant topics today, they include:
Photos of towers, skyscrapers, roads and bridges, as well as other city panoramas;
Characters of films, cartoons and other media personalities;
Panoramic landscapes that allow you to feel the unity with nature;
Images of animals and flowers, characterized by versatility;
Images of people;
Airplanes and cars that blend harmoniously into a minimalist setting;
Reproductions of famous and not so paintings of artists.
The hall is the most suitable place for placing large images on one or several walls, because it is in this room that households spend the most time and receive guests.
When choosing the optimal wallpaper for this type of room, you need to consider that the ideal place to place them is the so-called relaxation area – a place where armchairs or a sofa are located. Although, according to designers, there are two ways to label them successful: at the first photo is placed behind the back of upholstered furniture so that people admire it at the entrance. And the second involves wallpapering the wall opposite the sofa in order to look at the picture while relaxing.
Fashionable in recent years, using an accent wall that concentrates the views of those who enter, the living room is ideally embodied. At the same time, an LCD TV can even be hung on such a wall, however, in this case, the print should be abstract, without a semantic plot.
Also, good options for photo wallpaper in the hall or living room are images of cities, natural landscapes, sketches from people’s lives, and even collages from photographs of the households themselves.
Wall mural for a bedroom in which people rest and gain strength should calm, relax and create an exceptionally comfortable atmosphere.
So, if you want to place the mural here, you should choose decoration material with the image of landscape sketches, floral themes, or photographs of peaceful animals.
Before you begin gluing, you need to decide which wall you will be accented. The location of the furniture depends on this, because ideally it should not force our active wall.
Another important point that must be taken into account before gluing photo wallpaper is the location of the windows. If they look to the south side, it is better to choose photographs with the dominance of cold and darker shades.
If the windows look to the north, then it is best to purchase photo wallpaper in gentle tones and bright patterns. Designers advise focusing on the wall at the head of the bed or exactly the opposite.
On other wall surfaces, usually plain or contrasting with a photo picture, are glued.
Wall mural in the children’s room can be called true magic, which will become for the child a source of endless delight from the embodiment of his fantasies.
For placement in such a room, you can pick up material with the heroes of your child’s favorite cartoons, fairy-tale sketches, photographs on space or sea themes and so on. But before buying photo wallpaper, you need to take into account children’s interests, as well as ask his opinion on the creation of the future interior.
Please note : when choosing the best wallpaper, you should study not only the variety of images, but also the description of the material, its composition for environmental friendliness and the features of caring for the finished picture on the wall.
Setting the task to choose the perfect wallpaper for a room or interior, it is important to know some tricks of their selection.
If the photo is purchased for a small room, it is better if it is dominated by a light color palette;
If you want to give the room an expansion effect, purchase photo wallpaper with a “promising” picture – for example, with a road that goes beyond the horizon;
You need to select a drawing in accordance with the interior. So, for an interior in ethnic or African style, images of the corresponding landscapes or animals are suitable, and if you want to give the room a romantic atmosphere, you should prefer portrait sketches of couples in love, landscapes of Paris, picturesque sketches of couples in a cafe, etc.;
Using a vertical canvas, visually you can stretch the room by lifting the ceiling.
Horizontal pictures expand the area;
Using photowall-paper whose drawing imitates a brickwork or a stone wall, you can realistically reproduce natural material without encroaching on space and without resorting to the labor-intensive process of facing.
Non-standard, with original texture and sometimes very expensive photo wallpaper under certain conditions can spoil the impression of the created interior decor. What mistakes are most often made?
- It should be borne in mind that not all prints are equally suitable for placement in any room of the house. The interior decoration should be in harmony with the photo picture you like with the plot. There is no place for cartoon stories in the living room, and images of fruits and vegetables are inappropriate in the bedroom;
- For the bedroom does not fit too dynamic pictures, or made in excessively bright colors. But for living rooms, they will be a good choice. The prerogative of bedrooms is soothing prints without sharp contrasts that set you to rest and relax;
- A common mistake is to place an adult picture in a children’s room. It is imperative that the selected image matches the age of the child, his hobbies and room interior. The same can be said about other rooms of the house;
- The wall allocated for the placement of photo wallpaper should in no case be reloaded with furniture and decorative elements;
Even a successful design idea can be crossed out by buying low-quality material at a bargain price. Therefore, you need to purchase photowaves only from well-established manufacturing companies.
The wall murals you bought will look fashionable and stylish in the apartment interior, if you select all the details when choosing them, relying on the style, decor and purpose of the room. Following our recommendations, you will achieve that the accent wall will be the subject of admiration and your pride!