- 1 Operation and installation
- 2 Pros of pool waterfalls
- 3 Types of waterfalls and fountains for the pool
- 4 Accessories
- 5 Here are some very interesting design ideas:
- 6 Conclusion:
What’s more relaxing than the gentle roar of water while the heat outside seems to break even the most resistant person? Scientific studies have shown that water stimulates the senses, gives a sense of stillness and peace to the body and mind.
Waterfalls represent one of the most enchanting gifts that nature has offered us; the flow of water helps us relax mind and body and, if we have a swimming pool, we can recreate these sensations in our everyday life by installing a fountain or waterfall. Today we offer you several alternatives to transform our pool into an original space full of harmony.
So why not equip the pool with a small waterfall, a delightful spectacle to observe and listen to, or even a fountain, which can be operated to create evocative and dynamic settings if you’d like.
At the edge of the pool, it is possible to install different types of waterfalls.
In addition to having a decorative effect, the waterfall can be used for neck massage, since the falling water has the same effect as an energetic whirlpool. Settling under the jet will become a pleasant necessity, so that you can let yourself be pampered for a few minutes.
In this case, it is a good idea to place the waterfall in the lowest part of the pool for easy use.
Operation and installation
Pool waterfalls work thanks to the pool pump which is located in the engine room. Therefore, they do not require special precautions, but a bifurcation of the water pipes supported by the pressure of the pump, for the ascent and feeding of the cascade jet.
- Fountains for swimming pools
The fountains for swimming pools can be installed either on sight or hidden under the surface of the water.
When activated, they give wonderful shows that can be integrated with led light effects.
Pros of pool waterfalls
Pool waterfalls offer us multiple benefits:
- They bring a sense of naturalness to the pool.
- They are visually appealing, they represent a piece of furniture that makes the difference.
- They promote relaxation thanks to the harmonious sound of the flowing water.
- The flow of water over the body conveys a feeling of physical well-being when used as a shower or hydromassage.
- They constantly oxygenate the pool water, replacing the oxygenators.
Types of waterfalls and fountains for the pool
- Rock waterfall: these are waterfalls created as those present in nature; they are made of natural rock or a type of artificial rock that is very resistant to humidity and time. Some of them have small stones that form a direct or multi-level cascade of water, while others are made up of a single larger stone. They mainly have a decorative function and can be accompanied by plants or flowers.
- Laminar cascades: they are made of steel and generate a laminar water jet; they bring a modern touch to the pool and at the same time help us relax, as we’ll be able to use them as if they were a shower. There is a wide range of designs and combinations possible.
- Spa-style waterfalls: these are characterized by therapeutic and relaxing functions, generating a more powerful and directed water jet. Also in this case there are different types of shapes and models, including laminar and cervical cascades.
- Relaxing and recreational fountains: generally they are installed in the center of the pool; they can function as a relaxing space or as a play area for children. The market offers models characterized by different shapes and sizes: traditional, telescopic, with an umbrella effect, or even similar to mushrooms or palm trees.
Each type of waterfall can include elegant accessories, able to maximize comfort; for example, LED lighting or a sound generator that accentuates the sound of the flowing water.
If you love swimming and want to improve the aesthetic value of your property more originally, adding a swimming pool can be a great idea. It is not necessary to install an overly large one, even small pools can have a spectacular design and give a more sophisticated or simply more beautiful look to your home, giving you the possibility to share many happy memories with your loved ones.
Buying and building a swimming pool is a decision that must be taken seriously, because it will have effects on future life: economically and as a waste of time. An investment that must be carefully thought out, also taking into account the often overlooked cleaning and maintenance costs. The bigger the pool you have the more difficult it will be to keep it always clean and running: even the most beautiful pool must be kept at its best to look good. Although there are many automated cleaning systems as well as companies that offer services of this type, cleaning and maintenance are not elements that can be neglected.
The most essential aspect of a swimming pool project is its design: shape, colors, materials. There are many ideas that you can use but first it is better to consider the design of your own house or garden and look for a solution that harmonizes with the existing structures. This does not mean that different elements cannot be added to give an original touch.
Good to Read : Modern Backyard Light Ideas – Make Your Garden Magical
Here are some very interesting design ideas:
Swimming pool with waterfall:
These models are often seen in magazines or on TV. Waterfalls are very beautiful and relaxing elements. It is proven that the sound of falling water has positive effects on our mood and stress. You can also add colored lights to the waterfall that will make the pool shine at night, perhaps while you spend a pleasant evening in the garden.
Swimming pool with bar
Designing a swimming pool with a bar is an idea that brings with it a lot of advantages. On the one hand, you will always be ready to throw a party without having to worry about where to place the drinks. During the day, you will also have constant access to refreshing drinks without having to go home every time.
Imagine how beautiful it would be if your pool were placed in a natural or otherwise special setting. Adding grass, stones, trees, and flowers can turn your home into a vacation spot. The creative possibilities with these elements are very wide and you just have to let your fantasy guide you.
As you can see, it is very simple, with some good ideas, to make your pool a unique place to stay: no longer a place to cool off or swim but a complete wellness space, to be enjoyed with family or friends.
Since the dawn of time, water has been recognized for its ability to instill well-being and harmony in the spirit. Think, for example, of the millenary Japanese culture for which the water element inside the garden is of fundamental importance to keep everything in harmony.
In how many wonderful photographs in magazines have you admired beautiful streams or peaceful lakes? Without a shadow of a doubt, a waterfall is an impressive element within a garden. On its own, it is able to offer an unparalleled glance, not to mention the sense of well-being and harmony that only water is able to instill.
At the edge of the pool, you can install different types of waterfalls to give an extra something to the surrounding space. In addition to having a decorative effect, the waterfall can also be used (if high enough) for neck and shoulder massage, since the falling water has the same effect as an energetic hydromassage. The waterfall is always positioned in such a way as to let the water flow inside the pool.
The waterfalls work with the help of the pool circulation pump which is positioned in the engine room and takes the water from the opening on the pool wall and carries it to the waterfall, through which the water returns back to the pool. It is advisable to set up the water supply as close as possible to the technical room and the cascade pump.
Good to Read : Backyard Ideas For Kids – Organize And Optimize Your Space
We recommend installing an additional pump for the cascade: this should usually be powered by a separate circulation pump. In some cases, it is also possible to use a circulation pump that serves to filter the water (if it is powerful enough), to which, however, a 3-way valve (or a combination of several valves) must be installed, as this serves to redirect the water into the waterfall and not into the filter.
If you use the manual filter, when you start the cascade in the technical room you will have to change the setting manually each time. You can also use the electric valve which changes setting automatically when the cascade is activated, but it is much more expensive. Another downside to using the same pump is that the cascade and the water filter cannot work at the same time. This means that when the cascade is activated the filtering will not work and vice versa. Precisely for this reason, we recommend installing an additional pump for the cascade.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.