Everyone knows them and has seen and admired them somewhere – glittering walls have decorated various shops and hotels all over the world for many years. And what if we tell you that you can achieve the glamorous, shimmering look in your own home? Whether personalized picture walls or with a glittering effect – accent walls are one of the most popular living trends in 2021 and always provide a noble and incredibly beautiful glamor effect. Whether with a wall paint you have bought or a mixture you have made yourself – in this article we will tell you what options you have to paint the walls, which materials you need and what you should pay particular attention to. Let yourself be inspired by the many wonderful glitter wall paint ideas!
Whether in the bedroom or living room or even in the bathroom – the wall color with glitter provides a touch of glamor and luxury in every room. There are no limits to your imagination when choosing the color – but to ensure that the result does not look too kitsch in the end, we recommend that you take the rest of the room into account when choosing the color. For an optimal result, you should choose a color that stands out well from the current wall color. For example, if you use a silver glitter wall paint on white walls, multiple layers will likely be needed to achieve the desired effect. The dark colors such as black and gray come into their own particularly well. It looks most beautiful if you only add a glitter to one wall – this is how it is highlighted as a highlight.
Would you like to spice up and refresh your apartment a little and find the glitter wall color really nice? The first thing you should think about is whether you want to mix the wall paint yourself or take a finished product from the hardware store. In the following, we reveal the advantages and disadvantages of the two methods.
- Finished wall paint from the hardware store is without a doubt the quickest and simpler variant – just open the can, paint the walls and you’re done! But the disadvantage of the finished mixture is that you don’t know how concentrated the glitter particles are – it may be that the result is hardly noticeable after the first coat of paint, but after the second coat your apartment looks like a small disco.
- Glitter additive for wall paint is a very inexpensive and easy way to achieve the glamorous look in your home. The additives are available in powder form and can be found in all possible colors. The disadvantage? If your furniture, doors and floor are not well covered, it is very likely that your whole apartment will shimmer afterwards.
The glitter wall paint gives your apartment a classy and luxurious look in no time. Below we have detailed step-by-step instructions for you!
- Glaze with a glitter effect
- Masking tape for masking
- paint Roller
- Textured brush for applying the glitter wall paint
- And if you paint the walls from scratch: the selected color, deep primer and filler and filler.
- First of all, you should carefully tape all edges, corners, sockets and door frames with the masking tape. Cover the furniture and the floor with covering foil.
- Before you apply the wall paint with glitter, you should clean the entire wall thoroughly. Use a mild detergent and a little warm water for this.
- If you repaint the walls, you have to fill holes and cracks with the filler.
- Now stir the background paint thoroughly with a mixer and apply evenly to the wall using the paint roller.
- Then let the base color dry completely.
- After the base color has dried completely, stir in the glitter glaze thoroughly.
- Apply the glitter wall paint with the textured brush, making sure that the edges and corners remain clean.
- Let it dry and you’re done!
The glitter wall paint immediately makes every room in your apartment much more chic and glamorous. So you can easily and quickly make your own shimmering mixture:
- Glitter in the color you want
- napkins glue
- a large bowl
- sponge brush
- Add the desired amount of glitter to the bowl. You could use different colors for an even more interesting effect.
- Add the glue in a ratio of 2: 1 to the glitter and stir the mixture well.
- Apply the glitter with the spatula in the corners of the wall and work the rest of the wall with the sponge brush.
Even if the wall color with glitter looks beautiful and breathtaking in itself, it is not suitable for every room. If you want to avoid the effect of a nightclub, we recommend that you limit yourself to just one wall. Golden and silver colors look particularly good in the living room and give the room that certain something. The nuances also improve the atmosphere in the hallway.
The glitter wall paint is an excellent way to give a children’s room a shine and a slightly playful touch. There are no limits to your imagination when choosing colors. For a girl’s room, colors such as pink, green or even purple look very good. And gray, blue or even dark blue complement a children’s room for boys in a very cool and interesting way.