- 1 What curtains in the kitchen will be fashionable in 2021
- 2 What to look for when choosing current models
- 3 What is worth giving up
- 4 The choice of curtains for modern interiors
- 5 The choice of curtains for classic interiors
- 6 How to choose the right length
- 7 How to combine curtains with decoration and furniture
In 2021, there are modern ideas for kitchen curtains in the photo from the annual interior exhibitions: first, general trends appear at design exhibitions, then manufacturers pick them up, publications in magazines and new collections in stores appear. We tell you what to look for when choosing a stylish window textile.
We choose the latest curtains for the kitchen:
- Stylish models
- Outdated models
- The choice for a modern interior
- The choice for a classic interior
- Length calculation
- Compatibility with other materials
What curtains in the kitchen will be fashionable in 2021
Who creates the curtain fashion? The relevance of any textile directly depends on the fashion for the style of the interior. Draperies should be in harmony with the tablecloth and the rest of the kitchen textiles, upholstery, prints should be combined with drawings on wallpaper and utensils. The current palette can be seen in the publications of authoritative sources, for example, Pantone Color Institute. If you sew a set to order, take an interest in what style the atelier works in, look at the portfolio of ready-made works, photos of the newest designs for curtains for the kitchen in 2021 in the company’s catalog.
In 2021, a modern trend is in fashion: eco-style, minimalism and eclecticism. The classic is also still relevant. All these areas have common features that should be followed in the design of the space: conciseness and spaciousness, functionality, logical zoning without extra partitions, a lot of light, restrained color palette.
What to look for when choosing current models
To determine which models will be relevant for 2021, you can use the photo of modern curtains in the kitchen.
- From natural materials. Cotton or linen – universal materials for modern styles, for more classic, you can consider velor or velvet.
- Deep shades, plain, without printed pattern.
- Without tulle. Most are unusual, but you should strive for this trend – today, in any style, curtains can be hung alone.
- Concise background. Roman and roller blinds are ideal options, especially for the kitchen. The window looks neat, these models are easy to care for, they free up the window sill and do not collect dust on the floor.
- Functional. First of all, it is blackout. They help to build the desired level of shadow, protect from draft and slightly smooth out external noise.
What is worth giving up
But what styles are definitely not worth buying.
- Layered. The main trend is minimalism, so you need to try to choose one thing: tulle or drapes.
- Tulle from the last century. Replace the retro version with a pattern for something interesting, plain, for example, from organza.
- The blinds also remained in the 90s, today they not only look uncomfortable, but also make a lot of noise and accumulate dust. It is better to replace them with roll models.
The choice of curtains for modern interiors
Windows in any of the modern styles often do not close at all so that daylight penetrates the room to the maximum. This makes space more natural, makes it similar to nature. Well, if you have a great view from the window, and if not? In this case, you should choose a neutral light textile, perhaps even white. Bright colors and graphic prints are acceptable. They can be used as an accent and reinforced with decorative pillows in the same style.
The choice of curtains for classic interiors
Classical styles allow for sophisticated fabrics and decor. But today minimalism has reached the classics, making it more restrained. In order not to overdo it with luxury and not overload the room, you need to carefully approach the choice of textiles for the window.
Judging by the photo, the design of curtains for the kitchen in 2021 will comply with such rules.
- The bet should be made not on shine and tinsel, but on high-quality fabric. It is she who will add to the room elegant luxury.
- Velvet, tapestry, jacquard – if these fabrics are present in the upholstery of furniture in the kitchen, you can safely use them for curtains. If not, choose simple, natural canvases.
- Choose the material that holds its shape well – it most aesthetically looks on the window.
- A classic print is allowed – botanical, strip, cell.
How to choose the right length
Traditionally, in the kitchen, curtains are chosen short, up to the windowsill. This is logical if the window is next to the stove, for security reasons. If you have a small car, it is better to opt for concise simple options – as a rule, these are Roman or rolled models. For other interiors there is no categorical restriction on the length of the panels. The classic floor length makes the interior more elegant, visually extends the wall, raising the ceiling . Long curtains are best made from the most dense fabric. Yes, this creates more difficulties when cleaning, but the visual effect is worth it.
Please note that length is important not only in relation to floor level, but also to the ceiling – a low-hanging cornice shortens the walls and lowers the ceiling, and vice versa – the cornice at the very top makes the room visually higher. If the curtains occupy the entire width of the wall – the room seems wider.
How to combine curtains with decoration and furniture
The choice of textiles is the final stage in design. Only after finishing work, installing furniture can you tell with accuracy which curtains are suitable. Take your time and do not buy in advance. How to choose curtains for decoration?
- Brickwork . Beautiful light models, for example, from organza, look advantageous in such an interior. Shades are also worth choosing light, bright. If there is a lot of stone in the decoration, soft canvas of velvet or similar materials can create a pleasant contrast.
- Wood panels or floor. The brutality of the textured wood will be smoothed by light curtains made of airy fabrics; you can consider the same organza as an option.
- Paint. There are two options: choose a kit to match the color of the walls or contrast. The first option can be a salvation for a cramped room, since such a technique will visually increase the footage. The contrast kit looks good in a more spacious room, it will make the interior more dynamic, emphasize the color of the walls and become a bright accent.
- Wallpaper. If the wallpaper itself is bright – with prints or patterns – it is better to choose plain curtains that are concise in shape. It is necessary to combine the patterns in the interior very carefully and you should definitely not use more than two prints.
Curtains are not just a separate element of the decor, but a multifunctional tool: with their help, you can set the necessary accents, adjust the level of light and noise in the room and, of course, just make it more comfortable.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.