- 1 2021 trends in the design of wallpaper for the kitchen
- 2 Mix finishes in different styles
- 3 The choice of environmentally friendly materials
- 4 The pursuit of simple colors and textures
- 5 What opinions and trends are no longer relevant
- 6 The higher the strength of the finishing material, the better
- 7 Cloths must be washable
- 8 The paper base is not suitable for wet areas
- 9 Kitchen apron – no place for wallpaper
- 10 Tips for choosing a cover for a small kitchen
The design of wallpaper for the kitchen in 2021 is varied and colorful, and this can be seen in the photo projects and images from the catalogs of manufacturers. So that you are not lost in the variety of styles, materials and prints, we have collected the most fashionable trends and are ready to talk about them.
2021 trends in the design of wallpaper for the kitchen
Modern wallpaper for the kitchen in 2021, judging by the photo with interior ideas, can be made in completely different styles and shades. In order not to get confused, we advise you to adhere to the main directions of fashionable design.
Mix finishes in different styles
In a professional language, this is called eclecticism. The main rule is in the absence of rules. You can combine everything. The main thing is that it turns out beautifully, for this, take as a basis the rules of harmonious color combinations.
We also recommend considering an interior with mixed textures: monochrome or color. As part of this trend, one of the walls can be decorated with bright wallpaper, support the idea with the same textile and, if space allows, put a sofa with colored upholstery. In a monochrome interior, you can try mixing glossy canvases with matte or duplicating some kind of texture.
The choice of environmentally friendly materials
Concern for ecology has already firmly migrated to our everyday life, and this could not but affect design. The general idea of naturalness and naturalness is now one of the most popular in the design of premises. This applies to everything: paints, materials, prints. Wallpaper for the kitchen in 2021 in the photo of the interiors in the eco style look simple. They have dim, mostly natural, shades, a delicate print and natural pure materials in the composition of the canvas.
The pursuit of simple colors and textures
The triumph of Scandinavian design in Russian interiors marked the beginning of the idea of smart consumption. Today, you can give up everything superfluous in design and decor, leaving space free. In contrast to eclecticism, minimalism does not tolerate active prints and too elaborate textures. In the kitchen, all appliances should be put in drawers, and unnecessary – discarded. Cloths for wall decoration should choose plain with a flat surface and soft colors.
What opinions and trends are no longer relevant
We debunk common myths that the paintings are not suitable for wet rooms and prove that you can choose fashionable wallpaper for the kitchen, especially in 2021, when manufacturers offer a variety of strength options.
The higher the strength of the finishing material, the better
If you like the design of the canvas on a paper basis, feel free to choose this option, not paying attention to the indicators of wear resistance and strength. In practice, there are no serious differences in the use of wall coverings in the kitchen and, for example, in the living room. The exception is only the area near the working area.
Cloths must be washable
Washable linens have nothing to do with wall washing. Different manufacturers lay their parameters in this definition, but basically it is always about easy wet cleaning with a soft cloth. Perhaps the only case when washing types of coatings should be preferred over usual is the presence of young children in the house. Small family members throw food and can leave fingerprints on the walls. If this does not apply to you, you can safely expand the options for selection.
The paper base is not suitable for wet areas
This myth also contradicts the trend towards environmental friendliness – after all, a paper base is much safer for a person than vinyl or non-woven. Such a wall covering cannot be washed, but this is not always a real need. There is an opinion that such canvases better absorb odors – but in practice this is not so, they smell exactly the same as all other types of coatings.
Kitchen apron – no place for wallpaper
Indeed, the area above the countertop is one of the dirtiest places. But this area can also be pasted. Choose dense canvases without texture so that grease and food debris do not clog into the recesses. Use any types of wall coverings that you like and are suitable, and if you are afraid of wear resistance, cover them with protective transparent panels made of glass or plastic.
Another option: use the panels for painting. They can be coated with durable latex-acrylic paint or decorative plaster. Such an apron will be moisture resistant and washable.
Tips for choosing a cover for a small kitchen
A small room can also be fashionable. When choosing a wall covering, pay attention to these useful life hacks.
- Classic tip – use a light palette. White interiors are in fashion.
- Take care of choosing a color palette in advance. Choose the shades in which you will design the space. Pay attention to every detail: the color of furniture and accessories is as important as the color of the wall covering. Only with a successful combination of all shades can an attractive design be obtained.
- An interesting design move is to make the whole interior white, and use a print wall covering as a decor. Within the framework of this idea, the simplest option is to brightly decorate one of the walls, making it accentuated.
- On a light background, contrasting color accents look good. In a small room there should be few of them, then the room will not visually lose in the area.
- Pay attention to the geometric print: such a pattern distracts attention from a small footage and visually increases the area of the room.
- In a small room it is impossible to perform zoning with partitions, but you can always distinguish different functional zones with the help of color. Use several identical wallpapers in different shades if you are afraid to combine textures and prints incorrectly.
- Avoid active large patterns; better bet on a small pattern. It looks more delicate and does not overload a small room.
- Be careful when choosing a print with stripes. Despite the fact that a horizontal strip can expand the walls a little, and a vertical one can extend it, this print is not suitable for all small rooms. Ask the store a small sample of your favorite cloth to attach at home to the wall and make sure this solution suits you or not.
- An unusual technique is to design a vividly architectural element, if any: bay window, arch, ledge.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.