If the living room is considered the centerpiece of the home, the powder room is a real place of hidden power. This is the place where we can relax, enjoy our favorite treatments and take care of ourselves. Today it is not customary to treat the powder room in a purely practical way: designers and even psychotherapists recommend considering it an ideal corner for visual and physical relaxation. Follow Powder Room Trends in this article.
It might come as a surprise to some, but powder room design trends change almost more often than living room and kitchen furniture trends. The variety of materials and the imagination of the interior designers make it possible to find the most unique and unexpected solutions for apparently not too large environments. Those who closely follow the news in interior design should learn a little more about the latest powder room furniture trends for 2021.
The 5 main powder room furniture trends 2021
2021 is a time of simplicity and naturalness. According to designers, we do not have enough peace and tranquility within ourselves, and it is essential to subordinate the interior to create harmony inside and out. This is what characterizes the five most requested modern powder room trends for 2021.
Back to nature
Soothing naturalness and serenity are now at the heart of a key concept for powder room design – and it has already been called Back to Nature. Today, the desire for unity with nature is becoming increasingly in demand both for residents of megacities, where we so often lack air and light, and for residents of spacious country houses. Those who want to bring lightness, serenity and natural freshness into their interiors are advised to pay attention to the following techniques:
- A calm, almost neutral palette that allows your vision to be completely relaxed. Classic shades of beige, brown, gray, soft green and muted whites still reign supreme, and the powder room is no exception.
- The most natural textures. Tiles disappear in favor of subtle but tangible beauty of natural stone, marble, polished terracotta, onyx and natural clay-based majolica.
- Even more light and transparency: no bulky structure inside the powder room. These are being replaced by sleek shower areas, and those who can afford it install glass walls and even glass ceilings.
- Relax in the green. A modern powder room cannot be considered as such without plants. The more there are in the room, the more your interior matches current trends. Above all, choose shade-loving and hygrophilous plants that will feel exceptionally comfortable in such an environment.
Extremely clear geometric shapes are super trendy right now, setting a tangible rhythm for the interior and enchanting with absolute harmony. A similar effect is achieved using the following design solutions:
- a strict and laconic ornament on the tile – most often abstract;
- the correct and angular shape of the tile itself – with rectangles becoming the undisputed favorites;
- small motifs that repeat themselves in a precise sequence.
Rounded sinks, signature curved coffee tables, and quirky shelves also deserve to be put off for another time. laconism has finally established itself in modern powder rooms, subduing not only small but also big spaces. You can follow this trend in the following aspects:
- Rectangular built-in and suspended bathtubs, techno-style taps, bathtubs without unnecessary roundness – today this is an absolute must.
- Shower area design. Today you can easily do without pretentiousness and excessive exclusivity: a rectangular tray, a straight sliding divider and a ventilation grill of the same shape are enough to achieve the balance that is so important today.
- Furniture and accessories. Tall and rectangular cabinets, mirrors without elaborate frames provide a harmonious organization of space with minimum effort.
The results of scientific and technological progress today are so firmly integrated in the field of furniture that it is difficult to avoid them when creating solutions for modern interiors. Today there are many technical innovations on the market which will make your powder room even more comfortable and functional.
- Smart taps. Models with touch buttons and spouts with LED backlighting that change color depending on the water temperature have become leading solutions, especially for families with children.
- Backlight with motion sensors. It is an excellent solution for owners of a combined powder room and for those who want to feel safe when they need to visit the powder room at night. Additional energy-saving lamps create a soft, diffused light that is comfortable for the eyes and sufficient for safe movement.
- Electrochromic glass. Large floor-to-ceiling windows and glass partitions let more natural light into the powder room. However, this coin also has a flip side related to privacy. The way out of the situation is the so-called magic glass, which becomes opaque and hides everything from prying eyes with a click of the switch.
- Heated cabinets. An innovative solution to keep your room tidy. Now, it is not necessary to break the harmony with the powder room accessories hanging on the heated towel rail: the towels folded in such a closet will dry by themselves.
- Electronic shower control systems. These are panels with buttons that allow you to control the temperature and the strength of the water pressure, change the type of jet and even adjusting the lighting of the shower area.
However, these are not all the technical innovations offered for the powder room. Those who are crazy about gadgets should also pay attention to mobile apps for controlling powder room equipment, touch-sensitive soap dispensers, mirrors with built-in TVs and toilets with self-rinsing, integrated air freshener and heated seats.
Before 2021, designers declared a decisive battle against the clutter in the powder room. No negligence, no mess and useless objects “for beauty”. An impeccable powder room today shines with cleanliness and a carefully thought-out arrangement of each element, which is achieved with the following furniture and accessories:
- closed cabinets and storage systems;
- special supports and tracks;
- properly selected containers for care products and cosmetics.
However, this does not mean that your powder room should be faceless. Decorating a room still allows you to bring exclusivity to the interior, and therefore should not be neglected in any case. However, it is essential to observe the sense of proportion. Obviously, it’s not worth covering all the free spaces with figurines, candles, vases and posters. However, two or three stylish and correctly selected accessories will allow the powder room to appear on the cover of a glossy magazine.
Trendy powder room colors for 2021
The current powder room palette for 2021 is not very diverse, however, the most harmonious combinations are possible within its limits. Take a look at the following colors and shades:
- blue and green: these create a feeling of cleanliness, freshness and a pleasant sea breeze;
- earthy and coffee: for undeniably elegant interiors;
- beige and peach: tones that combine warmth, light and visual space;
- gray: cool, calming and neutral;
- white: clean, fresh and always current.
An interesting detail are the opaque black elements inside the powder room. These can be furniture, taps or accessories. In any case, thanks to them, the room will be even more pleasant.
Powder room trends to avoid in 2021
When new trends appear, old ones are assimilated with them or are transformed into trends to avoid, as a sophisticated eye could tell that your powder room is already démodé. To avoid this risk, you should abandon the following solutions:
- Plastic – It’s not eco-friendly, it is impractical, and looks incredibly cheap. That’s why designers suggest removing plastic hangers, shelves, cabinets and accessories.
- Shower stalls – Once upon a time, these volumetric designs represented classic powder rooms, and now they are out of fashion. Now the hit parade of modern solutions is led by shower areas – with or without borders, clear glass partitions and the most modern fittings.
- Bright colors – As mentioned above, the powder room is the room where you can relax and forget the stress of the day. When the color of the walls and furniture dazzles the eyes, this becomes difficult. Even if you are a fan of a rich palette, give up on the idea of using bright accents in the powder room too: trendy experiments should be left for the kitchen or living room.
- Open storage systems – Shelves of various sizes and shapes are in line with the key trend for 2021: ergonomics. When everything in your powder room is visible, it creates a sense of clutter. Built-in wardrobes and integrated storage systems with sliding doors will help change that, and small shelves can be useful for placing live plants.
- Hexagonal tiles – Complex shapes and lines are less prevalent in powder room design today. This is why you should be extremely wary of such tiles, preferring a rectangle and a square.
Finally, it is worth mentioning another key trend for powder rooms in 2021 is individuality and harmony. When you enter the room and immediately feel peace and relaxation, when the interior as a whole and every little thing pleases the eye and everything you need is at hand, you can congratulate yourself on the fact that your powder room it is the height of perfection, first of all for yourself. Even if you haven’t followed the hottest trends of the season.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.