The trends for the kitchen of 2021 will be marked by technology and creativity. There will be ergonomic shapes, recessed handles, relaxing shades, innovative materials and equipped islands, in continuous dialogue between living room and kitchen. Sophisticated aesthetics and high-performance materials: here are the Modern Kitchen Design 2021!
Kitchen design 2021 continues to develop in two main interconnected areas: functionality and convenience. The style of modern cuisine has become even more free – the wisdom and laconicism of a minimalist approach, or the mischief of artistic vintage styles; and shabby chic for lovers of an elegant fairy tale; and eco-style for fans of natural materials – the style, as always, you can choose according to your own taste. But the external effects, giving so much positive in everyday life, have a hidden goal – they are increasingly elegantly masking advanced technodesign, new means of technology and material to create a truly modern kitchen – comfortable, easy to maintain, reflecting real desires and increasingly transforming life into fiction. Not only comfortable furniture and the latest household appliances will become signs of kitchen design in 2021: ideas about practicality and style, about the tasks of caring for the kitchen and servicing the owners of the house are gradually changing. The new kitchen design trends 2021 will become even more rational, and absolutely not at the expense of aesthetics and beauty. Discreetly elegant and stylish kitchens with equipment and furniture to create maximum useful space – for apartments and country houses. With any area of the kitchen, modern design is able to create a comfortable environment and at the same time delight with the charm and elegance of the environment.
Maximizing the useful volume of the room is one of the trends in the kitchen of 2021. The furniture is organically combined with household appliances, and the new kitchen cabinets and cabinets have a well-designed volume structure: not a single cubic centimeter of volume remains unclaimed. Furniture design for kitchens is developing in several directions: a kitchen with an open top is possible, free and airy, and not necessarily such a kitchen requires a spacious room. An inconspicuous extractor hood, use for storage of kitchen utensils of the lower tier of furniture and light light shades.
What will be the colors of 2021?
- Trendy colors in 2021 kitchen furniture will be soft without being boring. In addition to shades of gray, there will be beiges, taupe, earth colors up to sage green.
- The famous “Tranquil Dawn”, color of the year 2021 according to Sikkens, will create a feeling of calm even in the most chaotic kitchens!
- If you are a lover of strong colors, use them for details! Be inspired by the article on colored kitchens.
Neutral color and cool colors, very few types of material and color, plus good natural lighting and thoughtful lighting design for the evening – these simple methods do not seem at all unusual or wonderful, but the effect of this approach to the design of a small kitchen gives amazing. Modern furniture is more and more comfortable, smooth and streamlined, and even furniture handles are recessed into the body – they do not interfere.
Source : Pinterest
The wall units tend to disappear but the columns become protagonists again, where everything is visible and within reach. The columns form a backdrop, a sort of wall on which the kitchen island stands out. They are also recommended in traditional kitchens because they guarantee a lot of storage space and allow you to hide everything in an instant, especially when there is no pantry! A well-organized pantry is the key to needing less space.
Without upper cabinets, you can accentuate the light finish of free walls even more spectacularly. Column cabinets do not occupy the size and do not draw attention to themselves, but add height to the kitchen. Open shelves are more and more convenient in kitchen sets, and in combination with a sense of spaciousness they can contain the necessary equipment and emphasize a cozy and beautiful design of the owners’ choice – from strict minimalism to romantic Provence.
Modular kitchen furniture is increasingly in demand. When planning a kitchen, you can combine hanging furniture, a pillar and cabinets of the lower tier. In a functional kitchen area, every centimeter is calibrated, simple and concise forms take head start over decor, and the result is a high aesthetics of elegance and respect. Harmony of shapes and colors instead of distracting attention to hardware and external effects.
Another direction – the height of the kitchen is used to place and store all the necessary equipment and products used not every day. for example, stocks of spices and a festive service. An extended cabinet under the ceiling is surprisingly roomy, and if such cabinets are installed along the entire wall or made as an angular option, the useful volume of the kitchen will also add visual height to the kitchen room. In this case, the cabinets become “soaring”, and can be securely fixed to the ceiling structure. The main objective of this furniture is a special design for safe fastening to the wall and ceiling, which gives amazing effects of airiness and freedom of the interior. In the lower tier there is a place for a kitchen island – a fashionable and extraordinary comfortable element of arranging a modern kitchen.
Source : Pinterest
Light and air: in a spacious and impressive kitchen, you involuntarily feel a surge of strength and the desire to literally move mountains. Subordinated to these emotions is the desire of the designers to expand the space as efficiently as possible and to organize everything in such a way that no detail is visually heavy or redundant.
Happy owners of large houses can relax: as a rule, the dimensions of the kitchens in these houses are impressive. Those with more modest living space tend to go the well-trodden path and connect the kitchen to the living room.
Source : Pinterest
Of course, with a small amount of space, a fashionable kitchen island is impossible even with a computer study of space and light. But the white finish and visual illusions of expanding the space for a small kitchen are an undoubted trend. White cuisine is very popular, and you can only compare interest in the dairy, vanilla, cream and so on kitchen-dining spaces with coffee, olive, and noble brown gamma. The fashionable gray palette of anthracite, slate, granite and the bright accents of orange – red brick, pumpkin and chili – these kitchen finishes were among the leaders, but the modern design is more and more practical: the combination of color, lighting and shapes are selected primarily from the initial data of the area and natural light in the kitchen, regardless of fashion trends. Materials of new kitchens, along with natural wood – glass aprons and quartz countertops; new equipment for the kitchen working area – modern small-sized dishwashers with disposers, complete sinks with several bowls: ergonomics as a function of everyday life, and the design is both effective and rational.
Must haves in 2021’s kitchens:
- We will be won over by materials for high-performance kitchen tops, such as Fenix or Dekton, which make it possible to create monobloc kitchens, and by technological details, such as the Franke blast chiller or purifying filter integrated into the sink mixer. Whether you are a starred chef or a lover of quick meals, efficiency and practicality in the kitchen are fundamental elements.
- Glass, a transparent and ecological material, creates a feeling of lightness and pleasant light effects. Colored and frosted glass is used to a minimum and most often in small decorative elements.
- This year, metals will enter the kitchen furniture trends. The range of finishes is always evolving, the focus will be on bronze and rose gold, the undisputed protagonists of this season, followed by brass, copper and steel. Whether they are real or a print on the laminate, the material effect will be very trendy in 2021.
- How to combine bronze and rose gold? Metallic colors could be combined with surfaces with more muted tones such as gray, dove gray, forest green or brown. For a special touch you can also use them in the finishes of taps and handles.
In trendy cuisine 2021, everything is in place. For furniture, in addition to the soft forms and the convenience of opening each drawer, there are not only horizontal divisions, but also vertical compartments, rotation is also used as a way to quickly and easily get the right dishes, a jar of spices and so on. and the design is both spectacular and rational. In trendy cuisine 2021, everything is in place. For furniture, in addition to the soft forms and the convenience of opening each drawer, there are not only horizontal divisions, but also vertical compartments, rotation is also used as a way to quickly and easily get the right dishes, a jar of spices and so on. and the design is both spectacular and rational. In trendy cuisine 2021, everything is in place. For furniture, in addition to the soft forms and the convenience of opening each drawer, there are not only horizontal divisions, but also vertical compartments, rotation is also used as a way to quickly and easily get the right dishes, a jar of spices and so on.
The natural texture of the kitchen finishes is not a novelty, and nevertheless, the powerful design trend of 2021 is the ecological cleanliness of the environment and life, which includes natural wood, the luxury of marble cladding and countertops, and stylish concrete surfaces – micro-concrete and microcement receive a new development and interest in decoration. Kitchen loft, hi-tech and minimalism at the peak of attention, and the reliability of concrete, metal and granite for the kitchen is an important advantage, because this room is for active housework and cooking, for family dinners and festive feasts. But the unique textures of natural wood in the decoration of modern kitchens do not lose popularity at all. Wooden furniture and decoration can be combined with any material – glass and ceramics, metal and stone, and in harmony with any shades – from neutral to extremely bright.
Kitchen design 2021 is democratic and tolerant, and if there are preferences for doll interiors or rude rustic comfort, then these desires are the main thing, and not the letter of the fashion trend. Nevertheless, the influence of minimalism, functionalism and rationality will be more and more noticeable – even in the most romantic interiors. The air and light of the room are emphasized, the ergonomics of the forms and volume of furniture are at their best; calm geometry and smooth lines without sharp corners – and plus color restraint. Neutral colors with clearly dosed juicy accents in a modern kitchen create coziness and an aura of pleasant relaxation, give a sense of home and protection. Molding gilding, dust collecting curls and massive fittings are most likely a thing of the past – even a Shabby-chic style kitchen can be both fabulous, elegant and rational.
Some of the nuances of the new 2021 designs will become closer if you approach them from a practical point of view:
- The design of facades and countertops in a single shade and from one material gives a feeling of solidity of the kitchen set and shows the airiness of the room;
- The thin surfaces of the kitchen furnishings further enhance the aesthetics of the interiors. The lower tier is mundane, giving usable volume, and the upper levels of furniture make the kitchen higher and brighter;
- Transforming furniture for a kitchen, especially a small one, is not just a leading trend. For owners, this is a way of actively managing the space of their kitchen, using mobile worktops and moving furniture elements, coplanar (sliding) opening systems;
- Natural stone finishes and their technological analogues – porcelain stoneware, acrylic stones – for thin claddings of countertops and furniture facades. Simplicity of surfaces – there are not even furniture handles, and at the same time high comfort; slots and inconspicuous ledges of facades and further development of push to open systems – click and open …
- Ecology and nature care in home improvement – furniture technology is safe for human health and the environment; ecology, comfort and practical savings – ventilation with recirculation in modern kitchens, removal of biowaste by means of disposers, natural materials;
Beloved by many designs with the effects of antiquity, they use brushing, artificial aging of furniture elements, and in everyday kitchen both actual household items and art objects can be played. But the main task is to hide technology behind the classics of design, to create a comfortable technologically and at the same time aesthetic, carefully thought-out space of the kitchen. For the convenience of change – modular technology and variations of the kitchen area; abolition of passive zoning – a modern kitchen-dining room for the family.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.