20 products you should have at home to quarantine. With Alertness and consequently the need to keep a quarantine at home, compulsive purchases have exploded. The fear of running out of supplies, food or hygiene products has caused a real problem in stores. As we have been able to verify, the supply is assured and therefore there is no need to fear in this regard.
Next, we will review or make a list of products you should have at home to quarantine. We are talking about food, hygiene and other products that we may need to go through quarantine. A quarantine that is necessarily lengthening and that is the best way to fight this pandemic that has invaded all continents.
The gathering too much will only cause have a huge amount of expired products and therefore a significant loss in the family economy. All this without counting the damage that we can do to other people in most cases, older people who find empty shelves. This quarantine will pass and our lives will return to normal, but in the meantime, you have to buy with your head and not with fear.
You may be interested to know How to clean the purchase to avoid the coronavirus since we are talking about the products that we must have at home and therefore those that we must buy.
- 1 FOOD PRODUCTS THAT WE MUST HAVE AT HOME FOR QUARANTINE
- 1.1 CEREALS
- 1.2 VEGETABLES
- 1.3 VEGETABLES AND GREENS
- 1.4 FRUITS AND NUTS
- 1.5 CURED OR SALTED MEATS AND PRODUCTS
- 1.6 FISH AND SHELLFISH
- 1.7 DAIRY PRODUCTS
- 1.8 FATS, OILS AND VINEGARS
- 1.9 COFFEES, TEAS AND SPICES
- 1.10 SWEET
- 1.11 DRINKS
- 1.12 HYGIENE PRODUCTS THAT WE MUST HAVE AT HOME FOR QUARANTINE
- 1.13 OTHER PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD HAVE AT HOME TO QUARANTINE
To answer this question we must let ourselves be guided by the food experts, especially when making a purchase for a long period of time. Experts recommend:
Cereals are essential in the diet as they provide us with fiber, especially whole grains, vitamins B1, B2, B12 and vitamin E, in addition to folic acid. Cereals are an important source of carbohydrates or minerals such as phosphorous, zinc, silicon, and iron. They also provide us with proteins such as gluten, fatty acids beneficial to the body since it maintains the cardiovascular system in good condition.
The cereals that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Bread is one of the essential foods in the diet, it can be precooked, frozen or homemade.
- Breakfast cereals. The cereals better if they are fortified with iron, flakes of aven, without added sugar.
Legumes will provide us with a large amount of nutrients necessary for our body. They give us carbohydrates, like cereals, they give us mainly starch.
They are also rich in vegetable proteins, important vegetable fats when it comes to lowering blood cholesterol. They provide vitamins such as vitamin E, B1, B2, B3 and folic acid. Minerals such as potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron and phosphorous, providing low amounts of sodium.
The legumes that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Fresh or canned chickpeas
- Fresh or preserved lentils
- Fresh or canned black beans
- Canned or fresh white beans
- Canned or fresh green beans
- Frozen or canned peas
VEGETABLES AND GREENS
Both vegetables and greens are rich in potassium and sodium, two minerals that help eliminate fluid retention. They are important to prevent hypertension and swelling of the legs and belly. They are very low calorie foods and lack fat so they are ideal to avoid gaining weight in these days of confinement.
They help keep cholesterol and triglycerides at bay, they are rich in minerals such as iron, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and copper. They provide vitamins like vitamins A, B and C, which help keep our defenses strong against infection.
The best way to preserve vegetables and greens is to buy them canned or frozen. The vegetables that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Green beans
- Vegetable stew
- Whole or crushed tomato in brine
- Raw garlic heads
- Low salt packaged vegetable purees
Fruits can be consumed natural or preserved. Fruits are rich in water, vitamins, minerals, fiber and other beneficial compounds for our body. They help us fight obesity that worries us so much about the lack of movement during quarantine.
The nuts give us proteins including arginine a beneficial protein for healthy arteries. They also provide us with minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, manganese, copper or zinc.
They are also beneficial for the digestive system due to their fiber content, reduces cholesterol absorption and strengthens bones. We must say that nuts are very rich in calcium, and can be a substitute for dairy, an alternative for lactose intolerant.
The fruits and nuts that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Dehydrated or candied fruit
- Fruit porridge
- Juices without added sugar
CURED OR SALTED MEATS AND PRODUCTS
Meats are an important source of B vitamins such as vitamins B1, B2, B12 and folic acid. They also provide vitamins A and D. As for minerals, meat provides us with abundant iron, potassium, selenium and zinc. In addition, red meat is rich in HEM iron, this form of iron being the best absorbed by the body.
The cured or salted meats and products that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Serrano ham leg or sliced and vacuum packed
- Dried meat
- Pork loin
- Pork to freeze at home filleted or chopped
FISH AND SHELLFISH
Among the fish we must make reference to the contribution of vitamins belonging to group B, blue fish will also provide our body with fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D and E.
The seafood, on the other hand, are very low in calories while we provide lots of protein and minerals such as calcium, iron, iodine, zinc, selenium, phosphorus and potassium.
The fish and shellfish that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Salted cod and tuna
- Canned fish in brine or in olive oil, such as sardines, tuna or tuna belly
- Canned seafood in brine such as clams, mussels or cockles
The fresh fish should be frozen at home to increase their shelf life
The dairy that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Milk powder
- UHT milk
- Cured cheeses
FATS, OILS AND VINEGARS
The fats, oils and vinegars that we must have at home for quarantine are:
- Extra virgin olive oil
COFFEES, TEAS AND SPICES
The coffees, teas and spices that we must have at home for the quarantine are:
- Sea salt (iodized)
- Brown sugar
The sweets that we must have at home for the quarantine are:
- Dark chocolate
- Pure cocoa without added sugar
It is essential for all those who cannot make use of tap water, either due to its healthiness or hardness, to have a good supply of bottled water.
For the little ones we can also give them carbonated drinks from time to time, although it will be much better to provide us with juices without added sugar or water.
Today, many more disinfectant products have been added to our shopping cart than we used to. However, at a time like the one we are experiencing, constant personal hygiene is essential, so it should not be missing at home:
- Hand soap: Perhaps the most important and basic product to maintain hygiene in our hands. We all have to be aware that washing our hands regularly is essential to avoid infections. Being a product that we are going to use many times a day, it is recommended that it have a neutral pH, that is, 5.5 or close to this value.
- Disposable handkerchiefs: Disposable handkerchiefs are also one of the essential products during quarantine. Both to dry our hands after having washed them thoroughly with soap, as well as to use in case of having mucus or sneezing. These should replace both lifelong textile towels and cloth handkerchiefs. Once used, we will not reuse them but we will throw them in the trash to avoid contagion.
- Hydroalcoholic gel : Perhaps you have never heard of this type of product, however it has become a must for us. Hydroalcoholic gels are not a substitute for hand soap, however, we can use it when we need to disinfect our hands and cannot wash them.
- Moisturizing cream : To keep the skin of our hands in perfect condition after disinfecting them so much. The use of hydroalcoholic soaps and gels usually causes dry skin, causing in some cases irritations. Use a good moisturizer that contains hydrocortisone to apply after hand washing.
- Hair shampoo : Despite not being able to go out, we cannot neglect our personal hygiene. The shampoo will be another of the products that cannot be missed at home and even the complementary products that you use in your usual routine such as serums, masks, conditioners, etc.
- Bath Gel : If you can not miss the shampoo, you can not miss the gel at home for our daily shower. Make sure that the gel you use is suitable for your skin type.
- Toothpaste : Another product that you should consider when you go shopping during the quarantine period. If you see that you are close to finishing your usual toothpaste, do not hesitate to buy a couple more containers.
- Toilet Paper : It could not be missed, it has been the star of compulsive shopping from the first moment. You do not need to stock up on toilet paper as, as we have verified, the supply is guaranteed. However, when you have to buy, try to buy a pack of 12 rolls, better than 6.
- Protective gloves : Necessary whenever you leave the house, a good way to keep your hands disinfected and virus-free is to disinfect them before putting on your gloves and doing it again when we take them off.
- Disinfectant cleaning products : Let’s not forget that if our house is clean, now it should be much more clean and therefore products such as bleach should not be missing. If you also have an infected person, click on the following link and you will see How to clean the house living with an infected person
- Usual feminine hygiene products.
Surely the products that we are going to mention below are the first that you have included in your shopping list. However, it is worth remembering that these products are also essential and that we must have at home to spend a good quarantine.
- Medications: Make sure you have the necessary medications that you use regularly to spend the next few weeks, either over the counter or by prescription.
- Baby Products: The most important figure in our house will need to have enough food, it does not hurt to buy one more bottle of baby food. Baby food, milk for infants, if applicable, in addition to other essentials such as cleaning wipes, diapers and other products necessary for the perfect care of the baby.
- Food and medicine for Pets: We cannot forget them, so you should make sure you have as much sand, bags of poo, etc., as food for our pets. If you wear a parasitic collar or pipettes, keep in mind the date when you must change it so that it is always protected. As for the medications you need to take, remember that vets are open.